The 1st Army Aviation Brigade (Greek: 1η Ταξιαρχία Αεροπορίας Στρατού - 1η ΤΑΞΑΣ, 1 Taxiarhia Aeroporias Stratou - 1 TAXAS) is the Hellenic Army's army aviation formation.
In August, 1950, the first Αrmy Aviation unit was created, belonging to Artillery, the 190th Air Observation Unit, based at Megara airport. Also, few years later, a special Air Observation School was created in order to provide training, in parallel with the establishment of other support units. At that time, the unit's main activities included target detection for Artillery units and light transportation. One of the most important dates was 1961, when the first helicopters, the Bell 47G, were delivered, marking the eve of new era, that of air assault and medium transportation. The modernization continued with the acquisition of UH-1s in 1969, CH-47s in 1981 and recently with the delivery of the AH-64D and NH-90.